Friday, December 9, 2011

Absent from nevousness and Stress


I’m sitting outside of my is class to afraid to go in. I just got here at 1:30, which is fifteen minutes late, and they are giving presentations for books on Michael Crichton. I’m supposed to in there waiting to give my speech as well but don’t have anything to show for it. I mean I read the book that I’m doing the project on. Which is the terminal man, but I couldn’t put anything down onto paper. I know what I was going to talk about. How there are flaws in the book both is science and in the way Harry Benson, one of the characters who the story surrounds itself around and becomes the books antagonist for the last half, became addicted and quickly insane from his treatments. I have most of the paper done, it just that I don’t have a good introduction or conclusion, which is what really held me back. The presentation I can do but I also got nervous with that as well, fearing that it would not be as good as what some groups have used in theirs.  I know I already have a better understanding than the last group that did theirs, who really just gave a really vague summary on it and used most of their time to show the class the trailer for the movie based on the book. I just hope the professor well let me present it in front of the class on Monday, even if I get points taken off for being late. It will at least be better that standing up in front of the class, nervous and scared, without a single thing to say.  I think it might help if I worked on it somewhere else than on campus as well. I think i might just head to the library for now. Its already 1:58 and it would look bad if I walked in and hoped no one would notice me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not even really sure where to start, except to say that not coming into class when you were in the hallway was not a wise decision. We did not have enough time to finish the presentations so you are certainly welcome to present on Monday at 8 a.m. after Kourtnee.

    Sometimes the lessons we learn in college do not come from the content but rather our response to the stressors and conflicts that arise. The first semester can definitely be a time of great learning.

    ReplyDelete