Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall Days

If I was to pick one of my seasons to be my favorite, I would have to pick fall. Fall is one of the seasons when the days are warm and the nights are cool for a few months allowing the leaves on the tress to give off beautiful colors before they completely fall off and are covered in snow by winter. I enjoy the feeling of leaves crunching under my shoes as I walk along trails, seeing them spinning and tumbling in the wind before they fall back to the ground. If I’m lucky I can see animals, such as crows and squirrels moving everywhere to stock up for winter. I guess this is in a way why I hate it. It’s the last time I’ll be able to see any animals outside, aside from the rare coyote and deer. Fall signals the coming of the cold dark weather of winter and the death of summer, like the life of one year is nearing its end. I guess I could say that what fall does give me is the contrast of life and the Yin and Yang. The end of the long hot summer days give way to the cold long summer nights where all of time seems to stand completely still, with the wind being the only sound for miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment